5 reasons why you should attend a virtual social event

Jul 01, 2020

Social events are not what they used to be. We are no longer able to gather in large groups,  filling the room with a positive, energetic vibe. Instead, everything has been transitioned into an online world. Meetings are now taking place over a screen, coffee catch ups can’t be a spontaneous break in the office anymore, and most importantly we can’t connect with each other in person at the end of a long week at work.

However, at WhiteHat we are determined to maintain our reputation for throwing amazing parties. Over lockdown, we have trialled many different types of online social events (from virtual drinks to weekly quizzes and games nights) and have now combined the best of all of our efforts into our monthly virtual party. Your invitation is already on the Hub and I’ve put together a few points on why I think you should RSVP “yes” to our next virtual social...…

1.   You still have a chance to meet other apprentices within our community

There’s always a chance that you’ll meet someone new at any of our events, however you have a higher chance of forming a more meaningful connection with a fellow apprentice at one of our more laid back, chilled social events. 

2.   It’s a lot less daunting than attending an in-person social if you don’t know anyone 

As an introvert myself, believe me when I say it’s been an introvert’s dream to be able to work from the comfort of your own home over the past few months. Now is our time to shine as it’s less nerve-wracking attending an event when you don’t have to mentally prepare yourself to walk into a room full of strangers. 

3.   You don’t have to travel anywhere (unless it’s to your kitchen for a drink or snack)

All you need is your laptop and a smile to get set up for our virtual party. Minimal movement required (yay). 

4.   You don’t need to get all dressed up

Let’s admit - our work attire has gone downhill since working from home. You can have a smart shirt on, but most of the time I can guarantee that you’ll be sitting in casual trousers (or even shorts?!). It’s the same expectation for our virtual party - there’s no dress code, so feel free to come in your dressing gown!

5.   It’s free!

You don’t have to pay a penny to attend. All you need to do is sign up on our community hub. 

Join us at our next virtual party this Friday, from 5:30 - 7PM. Sign up using the following link: https://community.whitehat.org.uk/events/36991

Other news

Cookies help us to deliver and enhance this site. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more