As you’ll have read in the email you received on Friday 13th March from WhiteHat co-founders Sophie and Euan, in light of the Covid-19 situation, as of today (Monday 16th March), WhiteHat has moved all training and Community activity to remote delivery for the next couple of months. We will be closely monitoring the situation as it evolves and keeping you updated on any changes to this, but wanted to take the chance to share a little more about our plans over the coming weeks and what you can expect from your Community.
“Social distancing” is quite the opposite of what we’re trying to do with the WhiteHat Community, which aims to bring our members together to create long-lasting, meaningful connections and networks, so it’s with a heavy heart that we’re having to move away from IRL events for now. But, your safety and wellbeing are our priority, and we’re fortunate to live in a world where connections and relationships can be built and flourish digitally, and we have the opportunity here to really lean in to that.
In this uncertain time, Community is more important than ever, and we want every single member of the WhiteHat Community to feel that these are the people and networks you can lean on to support you through this time, and help you to continue growing and fulfilling your potential.
That’s why we’re busy working away on creative ways to support you all in remaining connected and accessing the same calibre of transformational experiences we were delivering and planning IRL. A shift in routine is often the best time to seek new opportunities for growth so now is a great time to get involved if you've never engaged with WhiteHat Community opportunities before! Some of the things we’re exploring, and that you’ll receive more information on very soon, include:
- Digital events & webinars featuring world-class speakers on topics like igniting your creativity, working from home, managing remote teams + more! If you want to ignite your creativity, sign up for Friday morning’s webinar
- Opportunities to have fun & connect with others - from quizzes to games nights and digital escape rooms
- Community-led network meet-ups, like Wednesday night’s BAME Network digital meet-up. Everyone welcome!
- Exclusive content showcasing how others in the Community are using this time to flourish
- Apprentice-led digital skills workshops
- Wellbeing and mental health support through guidance on how to stay active when working from home, group digital yoga sessions, support drop in session Hangouts and more
If there are things you want to be hearing or seeing from us, please let us know. And if you have the time and skills to deliver something for the Community, please do volunteer! We want as many of you involved in creating these opportunities as possible, and it can count towards your 20% OTJT.
Use this Hub to connect and support one another and help us to create the Community you want to be a part of.
With our very best wishes,
The WhiteHat Community team