Introducing the WhiteHat Community Hub team

Feb 10, 2020

The WhiteHat Community Hub is monitored and managed by the WhiteHat Community team and a select group of apprentice volunteers (Online Ambassadors) who kindly give up some of their free time to make sure all members are safe, welcomed and benefiting from all this brilliant space has to offer. Let's get to know them...

Apprentice Online Ambassadors

"My name is Lucy Connier and I am a Receptionist and PA working for  a legal recruitment company called SSQ. I am currently working towards a Business Administration apprenticeship, and should have completed my apprenticeship by the end of July 2020. I enjoy shopping, keeping fit, being creative, watching crime documentaries and travelling.  

I am excited to be a part of the Online Ambassador team for this amazing platform as I know how nerve-wracking it can be not knowing any one at WhiteHat, so this will be a great opportunity for apprentices to communicate and get to know each other! It will also be a place to share ideas, knowledge and hobbies. I can’t wait to drive engagement and meet so many new people."

“Hi, I'm Yasmine (Yas) Nixon and I am a Marketing Apprentice at Sky, studying for my Digital Makreting qualification.

I’m excited to be a part of the team behind the Community Hub because it will be a great way to connect with other apprentices as well as reach out to previous alumni.

I love a bit of social media, so having a space dedicated exclusively to WhiteHat apprentices will give me my kick in a way that’s productive, engaging and worthwhile. I can’t wait to connect with you all!”

"Hey everyone! My name is William Laven and I am a Business Admin apprentice at Publicis Media. In my role I book TV adverts for P&G but as a side job I am part of the Apprentice Leadership team at WhiteHat. I am very passionate about spreading the word of apprentices but also spreading the word about the WhiteHat Community and stammering. I am passionate about cars, photography, baking and travelling. So far I have visited LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas & Grand Canyon solo and this year going to see my sister in Sydney while visiting other places as well!

I am so excited to be a part of the Online Ambassador team as I get to welcome people into the community but also get to know more apprentices. I am also looking forward to helping others out and giving them advice."

"Hey, I’m Amie Holmes and I’m one of those pesky digital marketing apprentices! 😊 I work in Angel at a consultancy firm called Action Sustainability. So a bit about me... I’m a connoisseur of drag queens, all things arty and the written word, darling.

I was part of the WhiteHat Editorial Squad since its creation back in March 2019 and am very pleased to be involved also with this project. If you saw any of my blogs floating about the weekly newsletter, I was the one who talks far too much about personality types and mental health, embellished all with my own experiences. I hope everyone has a great time using this new Community Hub. If you need a laugh (or even a cry), you know your queen, henny."

“Hey, I’m Amy Harrison-Holt! I am currently doing a level 3 Business Admin at Hanover communications which is a PR and communications company based in Chancery Lane.

I am so excited to be part of the Online Community team - it is a great tool for apprentices to share information, skills and keep in contact with each other! I am looking forward to watch it grow.” 

WhiteHat Community Team

Hey! My name’s Jamilah Simpson and I am the WhiteHat Community President. I’m (very) new to my role, but really looking forward to being more involved in community-led activities and national advocacy for apprenticeships. Before this, I was doing a digital marketing apprenticeship at Google, working alongside film and gaming clients.

In my spare time, I enjoy ice skating (luckily haven’t fallen over yet!) and have recently started taking up street dance (my two left feet are starting to have some sort of rhythm). I’m also really into any digital or creative editing. I’m so excited to be part of the Online Ambassadors because it means we can start building a community for all apprentices, despite our differences in background. I also love the idea of having a long-lasting connection to the community once we finish our programmes." 

"Hey everyone. My name is Alice McDonnell and I work in the WhiteHat Community Team. I've spent the past six months developing the WhiteHat Community Hub alongside these wonderful Ambassadors and the rest of my team, and am so excited it's finally launched. I hope this space is going to enable everyone in the WhiteHat Community to connect on a deeper level and really enhance your Community experience. I'd love to hear feedback from any of you if you have it!

Outside of work I love being outdoors, reading, listening to great podcasts, exercising and spending time with friends and family."

"Hey, my name is Shola West, I am the Community associate at WhiteHat and have just finished my Level 3 digital marketing apprenticeship. (If you need any tips let me know). I love working in the community team because I get to work with so many of you apprentices to produce such amazing things. In my spare time I love advocating for apprenticeships and young people in general. To hear more about that check out my LinkedIn."

"Hi Everyone. My name is Charlotte Abrahamson, I work in the Community team at WhiteHat.  I have been at WhiteHat for over 2 and a half years now and it is so exciting to have watched it grow and change in that time.  There are so many ways for you to get involved in the WhiteHat Community which is why the new Community Hub is so exciting. You can now access the WhiteHat Community anytime and from anywhere, it’s game changing!

In my spare time I enjoy reading, swimming and cooking. And when I can, I love to travel to exotic places so I can really switch off and relax.  Reach out to me if you have any questions about the Community or any of my hobbies. Look forward to meeting you soon!"

Other news

Cookies help us to deliver and enhance this site. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more